Thursday, January 27, 2011

More People and More Plans!

The past few weeks I have been busy with work and wedding plans. Any extra time I’ve had I’ve just wanted to relax and haven’t been good about updating! So here is what’s been happening:

My list of US guests at the Spanish wedding is growing! My immediate family, my aunt, uncle, and cousin, one of my best friends, and my father’s business partner and his wife (practically my aunt and uncle) all have bought tickets! Another best friend and her husband are considering coming, as is another best friend and her boyfriend (you know who you are!!!) I’m really excited because the more people from the US that come the more fun I know I will have and I’m so excited to spend time with them here!

I also already found a condo and a house for my family to stay in when they come. The condo is really nice and right across from the beach. The house is a bit farther (10 minute walk) but it has a great yard and is really pretty. Both were rented for a great price (about $700-$800 per rental for 10 days). They are really close to Ale’s house where we’ll be staying and close to the boardwalk, parks, and… a churro stand! Yay! If anyone reading this is considering coming for at least a week I could probably find another reasonably priced condo if you let me know in advance! The beginning of June is not quite the busy tourist season yet so the people are giving great deals on their properties!

I’ve also hired a photographer. I found her online and she is from the town that the wedding is in. I love her work! I think her style is perfect for capturing the beauty of a wedding day. I’m really excited about working with her!

Ale and I have also decided to hire a group of musicians to play during the ceremony and cocktail hour. It’s a bit of a luxury, but we saw them playing one day on the main shopping streets of Seville and they were fantastic. Hopefully they will be just as good at the wedding!

My only big concern about the Spanish wedding is my dress, accessories, hair, etc. I think my mother in law will do my hair since she was a hairdresser and really wants to do it. I just hope it comes out well… As for the dress, I’ve window shopped the dress stores in Seville and I’ve seen some very nice ones, but they are so expensive! $2,000 is the norm I’d say. I really don’t want to spend that much on the dress. Therefore, I’ve decided to try to find something the week I’m home in April (as crazy as that might be). I’m praying I can! I really love this designer and hopefully some stores close by will carry a dress of hers that I like!

As for the US wedding I’m still quite behind. I’m back and forth between catering it myself with some hired help the day of the event, or hiring someone to do everything. Because of the ridiculous snow that I hear Massachusetts has lately no one has even been able to look at the property to make sure a tent can be put up without any problems. I have, however, stopped stressing too much about it, as there isn’t much I can do right now and I have faith that things will come together in the end!

In the meantime, Ale and I have bought our tickets to the US for the summer. We’ll be there for 3 months!!! Ahhh! June 20 – September 14. It hit me after buying them that it is a LONG time. I think I’ll go crazy if I don’t work at all. I asked my sister about the possibility of working at her restaurant… hopefully I’ll be able to! I don’t know what we could do for poor Ale, however, as he won’t have work permission and we won’t even have a car while we’re there. We’ll have to wait and see…

The only other news at the moment is that we are almost sure that we are going to take our honeymoon in Playa del Carmen, Mexico. It looks like a beautiful place, smaller and more laid back than Cancun. I found a great looking hotel that also has great reviews and there is so much to do in the area/excursions to go on. I’m really excited to start reserving it!

That’s all for now, I’ll try to update more frequently! Besossss

1 comment:

  1. Thanks so much for the update! I am so excited for everything!

    ReplyDelete